Off the Peg
There are some areas in which we are asked to deliver workshops time and again so we have developed 5 core workshops to run at the drop of a hat. We recommend 2 Kilter practitioners and at least 3 hours for each workshop…
- Dealing with Sensitive Issues like climate change (without terrifying/boring your audience). Kilter is regularly praised by audiences for energising a can-do attitude to sometimes seemingly overwhelming topics. In this workshop students will be encouraged to think about new ways to communicate what is important to them.
- How can my performing arts vocation create positive change? Kilter is an industry leader on low carbon theatre practise. We walk our talk and we’d like to share our methodologies with a new generation of theatre makers. We’ve made the mistakes so you don’t have to!
- Site-specific, site-responsive character development and story telling. Much of Kilter’s performance work is ingrained in the site in which we are performing. In this workshop students are encouraged to understand everything a site has to offer and translate that into character and narrative.
- Up close and interactive performance techniques. Kilter has refined a number of strategies for working with audiences in confined or otherwise awkward performance spaces. Dubbed theatre at point-blank range, these techniques avoid the sometimes unnecessarily uncomfortable nature of interactive theatre.
- Making work in the real world. Kilter’s practitioners have at least 15 years experience of making work with small companies in the real world, as opposed to the protected environment of university etc. We have a wealth of knowledge, tips and processes to make sure that students become active and proactive, employed and happy theatre makers.
To book a workshop, or discuss the requirements of your booking, get in touch.